Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Apple and Prune Jam Sandwich - 9 Months

Ehem ehem. Since Amna refuses to eat mushy foods and she has developed a taste for coarse-textured food, I decided to introduce to her bread. Nope. Not the bleaced-white bread, but the WHOLEGRAIN bread. So this morning, I packed her meal with 

Chunky Apple Jam
  1. Cored apples and dice them up.
  2. Steam for 10 to 15 minutes.
  3. Add a little bit of cinnamon powder.
  4. Store in a jar or air-tight container and keep refrigerated.
Prune Jam
  1. Prunes and add a little water.
  2. Steam for 10 to 15 minutes.
  3. Mash them up.
  4. Store in a jar or air-tight container and keep refrigerated.

Sandwich

For someone who eats a lot like Amna (yes, I mean a lot), you need at least 2 slices of wholegrain bread. Remove the crust and keep for another recipe (yes, don't waste). Take a little apple jam and slather on the toast - depends on how much you want. Cut into 4 squares and sandwich them together. You will get 2 small sandwiches with each slice. Repeat with the prune jam :)


Baby Teething Biscuits

Crust leftovers? Turn them into teething biscuits y'all!!!

  1. Lay them on a baking tray. 
  2. Toast them at 160'C for 15 minutes.
Crispy and suitable for kids 8 months and above. Remember to store in an air-tight container. Everytime you're busy in the kitchen and need to keep your baby busy as well, give her the finger biscuits. Cheap and healthy :D

I'm thinking of introducing Amna to fish soon. Dalam fridge ada ikan kembung and ikan kerisi. Baru-baru ni dah start memasak balik kat rumah for dinner (I hope it rains everyday so that my husband could take care of Amna while I'm cooking - he'll be busy playing football after work). Lauk wajib everyday ialah anything-masak-tomato. Sebab? If masak sup, mestilah nak yang pedas-pedas sikit kan? Heheheh~ Until then :D

No comments: