Whoaaaa...
Been busy! Pumping and all... Lost count of current stock. Most probably 150oz ++.
Ahmad is diagnosed with G6PD intermediate. So a day after he was born, I went home, alone as he had to stay at the NICU for observation. His bilirubin was 106 at birth but it shot up to 230. Needed phototherapy to lower down the bilirubin count. Imagine how bad I felt that day. I cried and cried like nobody's business. Couldn't even eat. Losing 400ml of blood didn't do good on me. Barely walking. Almost passed out at the doorstep after walking for 10 metres - from the car.
I did ask my best friend for her EBM as I couldn't pump out my colostrum. It wasn't enough and to my despise, they gave formula to Ahmad without telling me. After I asked then the nurse told me.
The next day the NICU called and we were to be sent to the Low Risk Birth Centre in Precinct 8. Finally I got roomed-in with Ahmad for 7 days. Yeah, it stressed me out actually. So on Monday we went home with bilirubin count 220. Had to go for blood check every 2 days. On 20th day, the reading was 151 and the doc said no need to come as the reading trend is on the lower part.
I had no constipation so far. Alhamdulillah. Ate oranges and drank prune juice work wonders. The sutures are less painful too. Didn't go for postnatal check up and MGTT yet. Will do soon.
Ahmad is 50 days old today. Alhamdulillah. 5.7kg. Hehehe...
5 comments:
comel je tido bertelangkup...nak pulak baju kaler pink...Elman pun pakai pink jugak sebab baju kakak....tak kisah pun kan lelaki pakai pink:)...
Ahmad kuat minum susu tak? Elman tak berapa sangat..tu kalau compare dengan azuin la...sangat berbeza..susu pun banyak lagi kalau pam lepas Elman minum...sebelah lagi, kakak tolong habiskan pulak:)
Bottle feed sama je mcm Amna dulu. 2-2.5oz. Tapi direct feed almost all the time. Sama je mcm Amna haha.
Memang pakai baju kakak pun. Haha... senang tak membazir hihihi..
Assalamu'alaikum.
I'm glad he is healthy. I love babies.
How are you? I hope all's well. :)
~NB
Wa'alaikumussalam
All is well alhamdulillah. Ahmad's appointment is due in october, when he's 6 months old, to check whether his G6PD intermediate is gone or it stays as G6PD deficient (god forbid).
:)
In sha Allah, all will go fine.
I had to google G6PD. Now I know what it is, thanks to you. :)
I forgot on what other post(s) I commented. I must go hunt. :P
~NB
Post a Comment