Just came back from the dentist - Izara Dental Clinic. My chipped tooth (or actually teeth - 3 of them huhu) has to undergo root canal procedure - which costs me RM800 for the second molar (just because the first molar the the left second molar chipped badly - require extraction, different price applies). A result of 2-year procrastination, I have myself to be blamed entirely. I was supposed to have the root canal and orthodontic whatsoever last 2 years - but the appointment was postponed because I was pregnant with Amna. And according to government dental clinics' procedure, x-rays cannot be performed on pregnant ladies (and my private dentist said they could just perform it with the lead plate actually huhuhuhu)
Imagine 5 days of enduring the toothache! I've had enough of government tooth-filling procedure - took time! I have minor experience with this tooth-filling thingy because I used to have perfect teeth - until the year 2009, I had my first filling ever - done at a private dental clinic in Kajang. Not recommended because sloppy works but hey, it's one of the cheapest :P
I was preparing myself for the root canal procedure and yelping for pain while being injected for local anesthetic (yes, low threshold for pain that I am). Unfortunately after half an hour, my tooth was still throbbing - and the dentist said the nerves are swollen (due to exposed nerves) and since I am pregnant, I was advised to get temporary filling and prescribed with Amoxycilin to reduce the inflammation, and also Paracetamol as painkiller, until the next appointment.
Will have to come for a second visit on the 7th of January. Wuwuwuwuuuu... Nak set appointment with government dentist soon! (can't really afford the thousands of Ringgit being spent of a single tooth).
Moral of the story : please floss regularly to avoid tooth caries, which will soon affect your teeth, causing you to lose them (and your money). And do go to the dentist ASAP if you think your teeth need some checking up.
p/s: dental implants - titanium stud + porcelain tooth costs RM8500 each. Sila menangis sekarang Niha!
No comments:
Post a Comment