Salam. Whoah.
Pejam celik dah sebulan. Yes. I gave birth to Ahmad on 11 March 2014. I am so sorry for those whom I owe the submission. It was unplanned. Will try to get back to you guys soon ok?
The story goes like this.
I went to work as usual on Monday. Even attented meeting. Braxton Hicks were painful pun I told myself since there's no bloody show or leaking like previous pregnancy I would go to the office the next day.
Nay.
That Tuesday morning I felt painful 'Braxton Hicks' and decided to go to the office later. Bu then I had bloody show. Lucky I didn't give birth the night before - husband dearest went for badminton game and left me with Amna at home.
So, calmly I got out of the toilet and told my husband that we're going to the hospital instead of going to the office. I even told him casually:
"Kita pergi breakfast dulu baru pergi hospital ye. Saya kemas barang jap."
That was 8.30am. So he sent Amna to the nursery and we went for breakfast. I brought along my HypnoBirthing book for final reading and kept practicing the methods in the car.
Around 11.00 am we were done with our breakfast and headed to the hospital. Contractions were bearable. Really. I praised to the Almighty Allah that I managed to handle the pain. Unlike the previous one. It almost made me feel never wanted to have children. Traumatic experience ever.
I was already 4cm dilated. Nak dijadikan cerita, I had guy doctors attended me. Takpelah, darurat wei. HOs 4 orang lelaki on duty that day. But they were so adik-adik. I remember the doctor's name - Hud. Buat VE pun alahaiiii lemahh lembut sampai kena buat 2 kali. I told the doctor I timed my contractions this morning and it lasted 30-40 seconds, twice in 10 minutes. Checked for contractions and they were 3 contractions in 10 minutes' time so doctor said I was in active labour.
The nurse asked if I want to eat before being sent to the LR. I told her ok. I had a bun and some plain water. Around Zuhur they did Artificial Rupturing of Membrane (AROM) and gave me enema to clear my bowel. 2 doctors attended me. Dr Saritha Dewi and Dr Mohd Khairul Anwar. Dr Saritha kind of pushed things to move faster which I regret because it interrupted the hypnobirthing process. I was also asked by the O&G if I was able to have normal birth because the baby was estimated around 3.6kg and he looked big. I remembered that the week before, baby was estimated 2.8kg. How on earth that he managed to gain weight in a week? So in smiles I told him "Yes. I am very sure. I gave birth to a 3.86kg girl in 2012 and this time around I know the baby is smaller."
Satisfied with my answer, I was sent for normal delivery at 2.30pm. With the ECG strapped onto my belly, contractions were regular and it lasted 40 seconds every 4-5 minutes. I did the rosebud imagination and it worked wonders except there were times I wished my husband would stop asking me questions hahaha...
I refused all kinds of medication - pitocin, petadine, epidural etc. I wanted to have a gentle birth.
![]() |
| The book. Picture taken while in the LR and having contractions. |
Around 4.00pm the doctor came and told me that baby's heartbeats were not good and I asked her to wait until 4.30pm. The next thing I knew, both of them came at 4.45pm and prepped me for delivery. I was in shock. Panic woooo tiba-tiba je kan semua. She did something and I could feel my bowel content came out on the spot.
I gave 3 pushes and there you go! A baby in my arms already. Giving birth was not excruciatingly painful for the first time! Owh wait. I bled and dah meraung-raung kena seluk hidup-hidup nak keluarkan part of the membrane left. Sedut jugak entonox tu sebab demmit sakit okehhhh... rasa macam satu hospital boleh dengar raunganku itu. Miahaha.
![]() |
| Fresh from the oven Birth weight: 4.06kg Height: 52cm Head circumference: 35cm |
![]() |
| Dah sebulan pun hehe |
To be continued.



3 comments:
he is so comel niha!
alhamdulillah.
i am planning to come and visit you on one of the fridays. are you in putrajaya?
Ahmad macam muka niha la...
he's so somel...Syukur, dah sepasang dah pun:)
Alhamdulillah. Aini pun dah sepasang kan. Elman kecik2 ni mcm muka kakak Azuin. Tunggu besar2 sikit mesti berubah lagi muka 😊
Post a Comment