I designed my own wedding invitation card. Well, at first I was opting for ready-made cards available but when I thought back, I still had time to do so and I did it anyway. It feels good, the satisfaction, indescribable. Although the design may not seem worthwhile for some, but hey, it's MY WEDDING.
Until recently. I saw someone else's Facebook event invitation. The wedding invitation somehow looked like mine, although not exactly but hey, if I put them next to each other, people would notice the similarity. Maybe you guys would go "Why bother? Your design looks like any other cards anyway. And I've seen cards like yours". Tettttt. No. The different thing about it is I did it from scratch. And this person is not among my friends. And the design is very much alike. Except for the colour. The similarity is in the composition. I don't know whether I should feel bummed or flattered with the fact that someone copied my design. I have to confirm this first because mine was a single sheet card (see here). At least change the composition or ask first for the permission. SERIOUSLY.
I designed and I sent them for printing at a local printing company. I think the person went to the card-designing shop and got it done. I don't know until I get the closer look at the invitation. Why am I acting like this? Because someone made a profit out of my design (the shop, if not the person), while I did it whole-heartedly, non-profitable (although look-alike, but wth kan?).
Logik tak saya bising pasal hal ni? Pendapat anda? Nanti saya print screen untuk bukti :P
5 comments:
Kasi bakor je sis.. Bakor!!!
haha now you know how i feel when people copied my ideas for blog and writings :)
though you can't decide how you feel about it, but it sure is quite disturbing right? because after all, you thought you did it on your own and it is your original idea, eventhough to some, it is perfectly normal to have these as "copies" as it is normal.
the way i see it, i think it is just pure coincidence sebab it isn't your friend pun kan? an honest mistake. so you shouldn't feel bummed about it (unless of course, dia baca your blog lah).
i think i would be more upset if the person who copied my work of art is among my friends :)
but takpelah niha, selalulah kita berprasangka baik ok (eventhough hati panas kan? hihi)
kak mala : saye mmg tak kenal dia, but he's related to my husband. mestila dia dapat invitation wedding to my wedding kannnn. jeng jeng jeng.
ahhhhh.
kalau macam tuh, i akan "innocently" tegur ah kut pasal kad yang lawa itu. hahahahahaha.
kad dia tu tak taula lawa ke tak. i saw the invitation via my husband's fb account. it's pink. hmmmm.
Post a Comment