Ahhhh~ Last year, on the same date, I wrote this. Saya baru 28 tahun! Another 30 years from now (insha Allah if I live that long), the same date would be my retirement day.
This year, I'm a wife and a mommy-to-be. Time really flies then. Being pregnant makes me prefer to stay at home and watching tv. Sometimes I bake and cook just to fill in ample times. Guinea pigs biasala, my husband and my family heheehh~
Owhhhh...result BSP!!! I took leave on Friday (and still received calls from the office, non-stop) just for the BSP test. For the morning result pre-meal : 5.3 mmol/L. The nurse asked me to have breakfast start fasting at 9 and come again at 11 am. I had chappati and warm water for breakfast. Forget what the nurse said to me the last time, that I could only eat half of a chappati (I was so hungry). I decided not to order paratha since it contains high cholesterol. Then I went in at 11 am, my sugar level was 4.2 mmol/L. Pretty low. I wonder why the pre-meal reading was higher and nobody could answer that.
Then my husband and I decided to have lunch at Black Canyon Alamanda. Being hungry, I ordered the usual, udon in chicken tom yam (our all time favourite) and garden salad, while my husband ordered beef steak. I actually ate 1/3 of my husband's steak (plus the toasts, and the french fries = talking about gluten and starch here. My husband managed to get us tickets for the Real Steel. I was kind of worried that what I ate might spike up the reading later. Thus, we decided for little shopping/walk until it's almost prayer time. Waited for my husband in the car while he went for Friday prayer. Went in at 3pm and the result : 4.6 mmol/L. The nurse asked me to fast by 7 pm and come in at 9 pm. My husband said "Kita pergi awal la. Movie starts at 9.30pm. Plus, sayang kan nak makan popcorn?". Amboiii sedappp dia punya umpan. Fine.
I had my dinner at 6 something : multiseeds toast + cheese + salad + chicken ham. Even before 9 pm we already arrived at the clinic and got my blood result : 4.9 mmol/L. Ok la kannnn... below 6 mmol/L. I had my popcorn at the movie sampai rasa kering tekak, luckily my husband had thoughtfully bought me a bottle of mineral water. I drank like a thirsty camel and ended up rasa nak terkencing when the movie ended. berlumba-lumba balik rumah sebab both of us rasa nak terbuang air sangat-sangat. Sampai je rumah terus serbu bilik air okeh. Heheheh~
What I learn is, even though the reading is low, I still have to control my diet and drink lots of plain water. It helps, really. Ha, semalam Ayah made Ketupat Sotong. Balik je rumah terus did the dishes until sakit pinggang and sakit tumit. Even drenched in sweat. Nak bakar calory punya pasal hahahah~ For a while duk makan sikit, lama-lama memang perut mengecil la. I feel full easily. Syaratnya ialah, make sure at fruits and vegetables first because they're packed with fiber.
My wish for this year's birthday? Health, happiness and being a better Muslim in every aspect. Eh, wish nak beli rumah jugak hehehehe~
Owh, I made this yesterday : Moist Chocolate Cake (Without Butter). Will post the recipe soon :)
| Nyummm nyummm...! This is Encik Rezalman's plate. I had just a bite. |
3 comments:
Happy belated birthday Niha and many happy returns.. :)
happy birthday niha :) semoga panjang umur dan murah rezeki, diberkati Allah selalu ya.
yaya : tq!!! aku tergolek2 saje menyambut birthday. heheh~
kak mala : insha Allah, ameen... :)
Post a Comment