Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Tutorial : Baby Felt Shoes

The long awaited entry. Entry ni dah dalam draft usia 3 minggu.

Sebenarnya dah banyak buat felt craft ni. Takde masa nak buat tutorial. Aiyok. Mesti ada yang cakap: Apekah kamu ini Niha? Kamu bukannya kemas rumah pun balik dari pejabat. Masak pun tidak (ok, saya tau sape yang akan berkata sedemikian - Encik Husband hahaha). Hoi, ada anak nak dijaga bukan suka suki je boleh buat semua macam dulu okeh. Tunggu Amna tidur baru boleh menjahit :D. Masak dan lain-lain boleh tunggu.

I made some baby booties out of felt during my confinement period. What else could I do? Amna was asleep and I had this urge of giving the patterns a try. Ended up having pairs of shoes which Amna couldn't fit into; her feet are big. Even I tried the 3 months' size, NAY. Now she's 4 months and 3 weeks (waktu entry ini ditulis, now she's already 5 hehe), all the 6-months' size DAH TAK MUAT. Tsk tsk. I decided to give those shoes away. Untuk adik (?!) kita buat lain ye. Owh, saya tidak mengandung. Jangan buat spekulasi haha...


Here's how.

Find suitable felt. Preferably washable (yela sayang je kalau korot takleh basuh. Takkan nak bagi baby pakai yang comot kan?). I bought at Daiso for RM5 each packet. It consists of 4 hues of whatever colour you want. Owh, they are also available in different colour, not only hues. 

You can use only one-colour thread for all you shoes. I got bored. So instead of all white, I mixed in some colours, to match the felt :D
  1. Start tracing the pattern on a used paper - I'm not cheapskate, just try to be environmental friendly :D 
  2. Sew the backside together using blanket stitch.
  3. Then start sewing the sole to the main body of the shoe. I use the back stitch (read : jahit kia), which is similar to the machine-sewing. This holds the fabric firmly, just to avoid re-sewing :P
  4. For some decorative at the edge, I use the blanket stitch (read : jahit insang pari) for the finishing touch. Kalau takde kang serabai pulak felt tu. Dahla murah. Memangla tak berapa sturdy hahah~
  5. I added a strip at the calves. Easier to stitch the snap-on buttons or even the velcro (ok, part velcro tu saya tak khatam lagi. So I cheated, I used the self-adhesive ones haha - so kasut tu tak boleh basuh ye)
Trace and sew the back
Blanket stitch ye kawan-kawan
Dah siap jahit belakang
Jahit the soles pulak dan terbalikkan. Finish the edges with blanket stitch
Tadaaa~!!! Dah siapppp... Masa lunch dihabiskan dengan membuat kasut. Sekian. :D


Menarekkksss tak? :D
Sekian tutorial :P

6 comments:

bibi yusof said...

niha.. btol2 nak order ni...

nihadriz said...

Bibi : eh, tunggu u bagi address je. Yg kuning u berkenan haritu tunggu nakmasuk kotak je hehe. U nakorder kaler apa beb?

bibi yusof said...

heheh nak address ek.. lupe.. i email to you bleh.. malu la nak tepek address kat sini...

nihadriz said...

Bibi : pm kt fb pun boleh saje :)

marmalade said...

totally not gonna do it. hate sewing! hahahahaha.

nihadriz said...

kak mala : perhaps u can ask someone else to do it hahahahaa...

or just order with me :P