Recently I answered a survey at KIM on Rusty Pipe Syndrome. After more than a year nursing Amna, I had rusty pipe syndrome yesterday. At first it felt like LDR then suddenly I saw the milk the in bottle turned pinkish. And then it started to feel like "bruised" underneath the right breast. No nipple crack what-so-ever. Just the milk turned pink - kalau tenung lama-lama baru perasan. But hey, I've been handling my milk since day 1, so of course I notice the difference kan?
And this morning I could see the red cells sunk at the bottom of the bottle.
Regardless what pump you use, hand expression or not, rusty pipe syndrome could happen to any nursing mothers - with a possibility of you might accidentally 'hurt' (trauma) your breasts.
So what should I do with te pumped milk? Jadikan bekal la of course. Since the pink part sinks to the bottom, discard only that part and use the top part. Ramai sangat risau anak minum darahla apa la. Dah tu kalau direct feed pun sama jugak kan? :D
Selesai satu masalah. Cuma sebelah ni masih rasa sakit. Whoah. Pump pagi tadi pun dapat 3oz (tandem - I like!)
Since the pain is less now, I can do pumping as usual. Marmet can wait - fearing that it will worsen the condition.
Since the pain is less now, I can do pumping as usual. Marmet can wait - fearing that it will worsen the condition.
Keep calm and breastfeed. ;)
1 comment:
tak pernah lagi kena macam ni....darah pernah la tercampur sebab luka bergesel dengan corong tu...tupun sikit je...
tapi ok la sebab banyak info boleh cari dihujung jari pasal ni...tak la buat kita cepat latah kan...dapat belajar dari pengalaman jugak :)...
Post a Comment