Friday, March 29, 2013

Breastfeeding - Problem Solved

Remember my post on Rusty Pipe Syndrome?

Here's exactly what I did. *Pardon for the hideous hand writing. I have to get used to using the stylus.*

I let the milk set in the chiller. And later when the milk forms layers - fat (top most), milk (middle) and water (bottom most), I noticed there's a layer of blood cells underneath. So, I decided to pour the milk, together with the fat until the layer of blood emerged. And I discarded the bloody part. Easy wasn't it?

How I did it
Since 3oz is A LOT for me, I decided not to put them to waste. Why people keep on lamenting "Owh my milk is mixed with blood! I have to them ALL AWAY!!!" when you actually feeding your baby on same breast which produces milk and blood at the same time? Isn't it just the same? If you disagree with me, have it your way. I'm keeping my milk and letting my daughter feeding on directly actually heals the Rusty Pipe Syndrome a lot quicker than I think. The pain is all gone now. Alhamdulillah.

:)

No comments: