Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Blood Sugar Profile - Doing It By Yourself

As most of you know, I have GDM. So that requires blood sugar testing every 2 weeks and today is the day. Since BSP is required 4 times a day, I decided to get myself the blood glucose reader. Thanks to my dad, I managed to get one, FOR FREE heheheheheheheheh~

The brand that I'm using is Abbott's Freestyle Optium. Just like the ones used in government clinics and hospitals.

Retail Price : Rm150++

Source : Abbott Diabetes Care
Price at Guardian Pharmacy : RM117
Abbott Thin Lancets 100s
Source : Guardian Malaysia
Price : RM35.90
What's inside the box? A reader, and a pen-like lancing device (the needle you need to puncture your finger tips). If you opt for a cheaper one, perhaps you can get the Freestyle Freedom Lite Starter Kit. It comes with 10 strips + 10 lancets + lancing device.


Freestyle Freedom Lite Blood Glucose Monitoring System Starter Kit Free strips 10s + lancet 10 + Lancing device
Source : Guardian Malaysia
Price : RM97.90

Today's readings were ok. This morning I actually forgot that I have BSP so I ate a sugar-free mint and some of Amna's cornflakes. Hohohohoho~ Anyway, here's the reading

8.38 am   : 5.4mmol/l
11.58 am : 2.8mmol/l (I had nasi lemak sambal kerang, low fat milk and plain water. Hmmmm)
3.30 pm   : 4.9mmol/l (I had grilled chicken, mashed potato, coleslaw and warm water.)
8.30 pm   : To be confirmed tonight.

Where can you buy this reader? Guardian Pharmacies, or the shops that you can find in hospitals where they usual sell supplies for patients like syringes, crutches, readers (blood glucosemeter, blood pressure, pregnancy tests etc.) and many more.

Until then :) *munching on Famous Amos cookies haha*

Update : reading akibat makan Famous Amos adalah 8.7mmol/l!!! *pengsan*

No comments: