Congratulations to both my nephew and niece for flying colour results in PMR. Syaidi got 9As and Syahira got 7As 1B. That reminds me of my PMR result. Yeah, I know I'm too old to tell you guys that. I was not a very high achiever (except that I scored high for my English subject, every year). Nonetheless, I worked hard for my no-so-good-grades-subjects like Maths (I'm a born handicap on this T___T), Science and History. I'd totally know my grades if let people would say "You got 6As and 3Bs". Definitely I'd know what subject did I get Bs for.
The whole year I spent most of the time being sleepy in the class (yeah, I became one of the hostel-lites since Form 3). I woke up as early as 4am for shower and went downstairs to the prep room to study a bit before dozing off. Then, at 5.30am, I'd walk alone to the mosque for fajr prayer or recite some of the Quranic verses before starting the day. The subjects I'd single-handedly score were the languages. English, Bahasa Melayu (don't know what they call these days. I'm confused) and Arabic.
To tell you the truth, one of the English teachers put high hopes on me and keep on giving me special attention (sumpah tak tipu ni). She taught me Science in Form 1 then she taught me English in Form 3. The only people I mingle with were the ones who joined Choral Speaking in 1997 (I was in Form 2). We even got to the National level, representing Terengganu. At that time, my school was the only religious school ever got to that level. So proud of my school! :D Although we were labeled as the rebellions (English-daily-user), we didn't give a damn because those people never understand us anyway. I'll tell about that in other post soon.
Alkisahnya...after PMR, I got back to my sweet kampung halaman...in KL (so much for the kampungla kannn). By the time the results were out, I couldn't make it to go back to Kuala Terengganu. So, my late aunty went to my school to get the result for me. And I was waiting anxiously at home, in KL for the result.
Around lunch time, my dad called my aunty. He told me that I got 6As and 3Bs (I studied in a religious school, hence the Arabic language). I was upset. I kept quiet the whole day, thinking where did I go wrong. Maybe I got B for my Maths?? Or History?? And Science??? I thought to myself. Then my parents told me to call my aunty so that I'd know the details. My younger sister picked up the phone (she was there during the holidays) and told me "Along, awak dapat 7A, 1B and 1C". Right the I screamed "TIPUUUUU!!! Saye tak penah dapat C okayyyy. Cepat cakap betul-betul berapa A!!!". I could hear she laughed. "Awak dapat 9A la". My parents tricked me!!! Ces betul. Most people were kind of shocked with my results. Why? I sat at the back of the class and always dozed off in the middle of almost every class. Heh. Ratu tidur okeh!
So, how was yours?
7 comments:
Niha,
afnan dpt 7A 2B. B=maths and english.
kite dulu pakai agregat....tp tak cemerlang sgt pon...kakaka...
dah tanya chudah semalam. ehehehe...kelakar je. :D
ape yg kelakar? minggu ni jd keluar dak ni?
chudah la msg. dia cakap SHAMS dapat 80 org je straight A's. koho sikit je org buleh A.
Ayah dah balik. tp dia dok beli felt tu. dia kabo org kedai tu sombong (melepas la kita). eniwei, kedai tu bukak dok hari ahad? kalo hari ahad ok, mehla pegi :D
mek, kite beli sikit sbb tu diorang sombong. cube kalo kita beli 500m. Sengih sampai telinga kot.
Kedai tu tak bukak hari Sabtu. Tp rasenye byk kedai tutup. krismes kan...but rezal ade kan this weekend?
bile nak ajak kitorang gi umah pr 5 awak nih?
marila bile2 pun. tp tadok mende...huhuhu~ kena kabo awal2 kalo nok mari. serba serbi tadok. fridge tadok. kalo mari pun tengok tv jela kot. hahahahah~
rezal balik sabtu malam. dang ke dok dahu nok berhoyeah2 dgn kak ti ni :P
my classmates were 85% chinese, 10% malays and 5% indians.
i have no choice but to compete and it was a fierce competition beccause everybody just wanted to be the best.
Post a Comment