Friday, September 16, 2011

Of Being Busy and Clumsy

For the last 5 days (Sunday to Thursday), I had to stay at the hotel and forgot to bring my laptop. We worked like nobody's business. What were we doing? Evaluating tender. There were tonnes of them that we had to work day and night, very late, I mean. 

Yesterday morning, my husband sent me to my parents' house because he had to rush off to Bukit Belimbing in Balakong. Around 10 minutes before 11 am, the house went black out. Imagine Putrajaya having blackout? Many wouldn't believe this but this has happened for several times. I went upstairs to check up on my sister because I had to go to the office for some urgent matter and I need to borrow the car. So I thought I could go to the office around 3 o'clock. Going down the stairs, I missed some steps and stumbled down. It was dark that I thought I placed my foot at the right place but unfortunately I skipped 3 steps and fell down around the corner of the stairs. I tried grabbing anything that could prevent me from falling down all the way, only managed to break the fall with my right knee. 

Worried and scared to death, I called my husband, crying and I didn't know what to do. I lay down and pray that my baby would be just fine. Took my vitamins immediately (I know, funny hehe). Called up Mak and told everything. All that I could remember last night, I was really tired and aching all over. I slept after Maghrib and woke up nearly midnight, feeling very hungry and thirsty. (Owh, there was second time blackout around 2pm the same day, duhhhh).

This morning I noticed my right knee is bruised and my left arm is sore. Alhamdulillah.... the baby is fine. Happily kicking and turning at this moment (talking about the one who loves staying up very late huh? Won't let mommy sleep eh?).

I hope with the 3 days off, I can finally rest well. My body is aching all over! (owh, will tell about the trip to IKEA today some other time hehe).

Until then.

4 comments:

marmalade said...

niha! i pray that everything is ok! hish, macam mana boleh jatuh nih. bahaya betul. but bukan 11am, tuh sangat cerah ke kalau blackout?

nihadriz said...

thank you kak mala...

my parents' house tu stairs dia gelap sebab mengadap pintu masuk. bila pintu tutup, mmg gelap habis. nampak sikit2 je. huhuhu~

papaYA said...

I hope you are feeling better now dear..
Terkejut aku mase mule2 bace kat fb aritu..

nihadriz said...

yaya, aku dah start bimbang balik. sbb baby aku kurang active. ke perasaan aku je haritu? ke aku tak perasan baby gerak sebab perut aku kembung? arghhh~