Ok, in my last post I posted hand-sketched manuals for handling expressed breast milk. And, thinking that they might become handy for some mothers out there, I posted in a breastfeeding-support group. The manuals got positive feedbacks and Alhamdulillah, many thanked me for the illustrated manuals. However, since the manuals are in English, some suggested that I should do it in Bahasa. And I was like, ok, that might help since most nannies and babysitters are not that fluent in English. Fine, I got it translated and dedcided to post them later yesterday.
While I was getting things finished, people keep asking (until now) for Bahasa version to put up at their babysitters', nurseries what not. I posted the manuals in Bahasa and something wrong happened that only one page of the Bahasa version got uploaded. Some thanked me, and some asked where is the otehr one. And at one point I got frustrated that these people can't seem to help themselves, or at least refer to the English manual and got it translated without my help. I was rather annoyed. In fact, I did it for Amna's nannies, not for them. At least I was kind-hearted enough to let them copy my manuals. They should've thought it earlier. If they can't draw, at least do manuals with pictures!
Adding up the salt to the wound, some of them tagged themselves at the manuals and I was like "Hell, can't they just copy the manuals already?" Luckily the tag has to be approved by the owner of the picture, ahem, which is me, and my tablet can't view the tagged names for granting permission whatsoever. yeah, you can blame me for being selfish but hey, if I'm selfish, I wouldn't be posting those manuals in the first place. Just be thankful some did it for you.
Mommies, I know you guys are desperate to ensure your children get the best, but then, do not take everything for granted. You guys have all the means to actually do some searching regarding breastfeeding. If some of you claim that you are not that IT savvy, why even bother having a Facebook account? Make it up to use, having Internet at home, at your own comfort. Instead of updating morbid statuses every second, asking silly repeated questions in a forum, try this : ONLINE READING. Although some might say online reading is not really categorised as reading, well, that's the least we can so besides flipping (read : browsing) through celebrities' gossips. All of us are grown ups, yet still most of us wait to be spoon-fed. Duh.
p/s : I feel like taking down the manuals already. But that would be unjust for some. Er, should I?
6 comments:
maybe you should take it down :)
I will, soon :-)
heheheh i appreciate what u did ;) tapi besela, people mmg suka take for granted, lagi2 kat fb, same case dgn i berjual, dh siap2 tulis kt caption harga. lagi nak komen n inbox tanya banyak2 kali hahah so annoying, i was like at one point, eiyy bengap sgt ke ko ni hahahah
cher : rasa tensen kan? masing2 kan creative in their own ways, translate jelah mana2 yang patut. wuwuwuwuuu... T___T
nihayah, saw your manual.. very useful...
nursery ok tak ngan manual u buat tu?
bibi : letak kat rumah je untuk husband. kekeke... budak2 taska tu i dah bagi manuals. so far ok. kuikuikuiii...
lepas ni i nak buat manual untuk solid foods pulak :D
Post a Comment