Now I know why the government imported native speakers from abroad.
I came across a blog today. It is owned by a TESL graduate. I notice that there are countless grammatical errors - that I think should not be done by a TESL graduate who is teaching English. Owh wait, teachers have handbooks now. So should be no problem I hope?
Sentences like
"I've became..." or
"I always imagining..."
THAT my dear, I cannot accept. Although my English is not as good as my sister's (currently studying TESL too), at least I am not a TESL graduate. I am an achitecture graduate.
The government foresaw this and decided that our TESL graduates' quality is, kind of low - to meet their expectation.
So how do we fix this? Why people took English for majoring? As far as I know, TESL requires numerous streamings before being selected (I know because I sent my sister for interview after her Pre-Diploma course). Should we blame the University for not having the quality control over this matter? Hm?
Being an English language teacher/educator/tutor does not mean you stop learning. What's the main point of reading English novels and not taking notes on how the sentences are arranged?
This is an eye opener. I may not have high level of English but I do know my simple tenses.
I do hope Amna have better English than mine. But then, my husband's English is quite terrible. Kikikikiki~
6 comments:
i was about to write something on english too :)
anyway, as i have stressed this so much time, "i've became.." couldn't be as bad as "congrates!" hahahahahahaha.
or "that's mean" when the person actually trying to explain something, and not saying something is wicked or nasty. hahaha.
it's mean.
that's mean.
congrates.
Urghhhh I hate people who misuse tenses. it makes me feel all tensed up hehehehehe~
see, i have made a grave mistake too in my previous comment.
as i have stressed so many times before. not much. haha.
well, the fact that both of us are not TESL graduates, i think it's forgiveable.
plus, i know once in a while we do make grammatical error, but not as much as this particular person. and we are not even teaching english.
i fear for our kids. bahasa malaysia boleh tahan lagi. but english being taught by someone whose english is just as terrible as non-english people?
that's mean. hehehehhe~
I no good in Engrish.
They should read more.
read read read.
read classics.
read anything.
and read out loud whatever they've written. it helps.
Kak nuyu : those were the days. These days everything got spoonfed. Huhuhuhuuu
Post a Comment