Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sakit Gigi

I've got some pending posts as drafts. Malas nak alter sebab takde mood. Kisahnya? Minggu yang sengal.

It all caused by toothache. Saya ni tak pernah sakit gigi. Last Saturday, lepas makan jagung bakar yang my husband made, I felt something wrong with my molar tooth. Like it moved a bit. Not long after that,  felt sharp pain (very painful) and it made me cry. I told my husband that it felt like my jaw has been ripped off and I couldn't think straight. What annoyed me much was my husband laughed at me! I was furious and at the same time in pain. Nobody messes with me while I'm in pain. I could be very nasty. What should I do? I was already on my way to the airport (going back home).

He went to the sundry shop to find some mouthwash that I wanted. No mouthwash sold except painkillers. I was like..."Kedai apa koman sangat takde mouthwash????!!!!" *yelping in pain*. My husband drove fast to the airport with a hope that we would find mouthwash there. No. They do not sell mouthwash! I was in disbelieve. The only thing that they have was herbal toothpaste, non-fluoride. AAAAaaaaaaaa~!!!. I went to the toilet, gargled a bit with plain water and applied a bit of toothpaste to lessen the pain. It didn't work. At all.

I had to pretend that I was OK and board the plain. I was worried because high altitude could aggravate my pain. Yes it did. I was squirming in pain. I applied some pressure on my jaw with my fingers and that somehow lessened the pain a bit. It felt like FOREVER to reach the airport.

Once I reached the airport, my father came late so I had to wait. Keeping myself busy, I had a Double Chocolate Ice Blended at the nearby Coffee Bean. Almost an hour later, my mom called and I went out. Upon reaching Putrajaya, I just remembered, "Mak, saya ada bawak luggage saya tak?". My mom said "Itula mak heran takkan balik kampung bawak sling bag je." It was like ARGH I LEFT MY LUGGAGE AT THE AIRPORT, AT THE COFFEE BEAN.

Sent my parents home. Then my dad's car couldn't start due to overheating. I had to call Akmal to fetch me and we went to the LCCT. I managed to get the manager's phone number and he was on vacation. I apologise that I had to call around 12 midnight but I just want to ensure that my luggage was still there. He gave me his staff's phone number and I called his staff right away. What worried me much was, usually abandoned luggages are associated with bomb threats.

Lucky me. He found my luggage and I described "Ada blue whale kat depan, Baleno, kaler kelabu". He just laughed and said "Macam mana boleh tinggal luggage ni...?". I was in pain, I explained. Phew. Habis satu cerita. Thanks a lot to Akmal for helping me. Sempat belanja dia makan nasik malam-malam buta kat riang-riang. Called Kak Ina, she was already asleep (it was at 1.30am hehe). While watching Akmal eat and in pain, I couldn't even finish my drink. Later I found out that I had toothache. Owh, that was how it feels. Tobat tak suka sakit gigi. Nak mati tahan sakit.

After reaching home (again), the pain didn't even subside. It just went more painful. I tried every sort of gargling with salt water, mouthwash, even brushed my teeth, the pain won't budge. I ate 2 tablets of paracetamol and cried myself to sleep. Yeah I know, call me whatever you want. Sakit gila sampai my parents pun takut nak kejutkan because they know I'll start crying again. :P

I went to the dentist the next day (Sunday), forced the dentist to take a look at my tooth ( I was hell in pain, although I have to set up an appointment actually, I just don't care). he told me the cavity was quite big. Wither I have to extract my tooth or opt for root canal and the crowning. Sape nak gigi rongak??? Tak Nihayah la macam ni. Hahaha. I asked him how much would crowning cost. RM1300. FIIIINNNNE. He took care of my pain. I wasn't given any injection etc., he performed some 'cleaning' process on the tooth and put some temporary fill. He said if I experience pain after some days, consider to come and do the root canalling. The tooth would discolour (bluish). lama-lama mesti tertanggal punya la. Tak nak. Tapi kena kumpul duit lebih nak buat crowning. Saya tak nak rongak okay.


Sekian karangan sengal. Kesimpulannya, jaga gigi elok-elok pun boleh sakit gigi jugak dah tua-tua ni. Huhuhuhu~ 

11 comments:

marmalade said...

ramainya orang sakit gigi skang nih. i had mine in 2007. sebab nak tumbuh! hahahahah lambat gile membesar. then ada nanah kat gusi. masa tuh hanya Allah je yang tahu betapa sakitnya gigi.

they said, sakit gigi adalah yang ketiga paling sakit after sakit nak mati, sakit nak melahirkan anak. entahlah betul ke tidak.

Hasina Terebuzzu said...

ooo.. aritu sebab ko p airport la yg tepon tengah2 mlm tu?? aku mamai ms jwb tepon tu.. sowi..

nihadriz said...

kak mala : my wisdom tooth tak keluar fully lagi. but takdela sakit sangat pun compared to this one. benci sangat. gigi saye besar2 n tumbuh rapat2. next thing i know tiba2 dah ada cavity. sedih :(

kak ina : a'ah...kitorg lepak riang2 pastu. tu yg call kak ina pagi2 buta heheheh~

smashlee said...

scaryyy..... mmg kalo sakit gg, ape pn xjadik..

gadisBunga™ said...

rm1300 for crowning? klinik mana tu? kite pun tgh survey tempat untuk buat crowning jugak heheh~

sakit gigi memang seksa.....

kene cepat2 jumpa dentist gak la!

nihadriz said...

kelly : mmg tensen. aku siap jadi grumpy marah2 husband aku. kesian dia. huhuhuhuu~

kak fidde : tu termasuk root canal skali. kat jalan ipoh. kalo nak no tepon ada ni. boleh set appointment. saye tunggu masa je nak pegi buat crowning. huhuhuhuh~

papaYA said...

Sakit gigi memang sakit. Masa aku pakai braces, waktu dia ketatkan tiap bulan tu, aku pun muka ketat selama seminggu.
Aku takut sakit gigi. Tiap malam wajib berus gigi, floss and gargle Li*terin.

nihadriz said...

aku mmg brush every night (kalau tak tertido tiba2 la).

tp masalah gigi aku ni dia terlampau rapat. kadang2 floss tak lepas or boleh menyebabkan gusi berdarah. maybe sbb aku dah lama tak pegi dentist. sangat menyesal okeh. lepasni kalo buat crowning aku berikrar untuk pegi dentist 2-3 bulan sekali (lantakla dengan 6 bulan sekali tu kan hoho)

Nurul Nadia said...

wan,takutnya aku.sakit gigi mmg sgt sakit kan?rela sakit beranak lagi.hehehe.ish mahalnye tu kos crowning bagai.tapi ye lah kalau tak wat cam tu takdo gigi plak,cian ke mu.

Reading ur story membuatkan aku wase nok g check gigi tiba2...debor weh!!

Phoebus Athenos said...

aku baca post pasal sakit gigi mung ni sampai sakit.....jiwa aku. ngahahahaha

nihadriz said...

semek : wohohohoo~ first time sakit gigi...meraung... :(((

deham : ko tak peah sakit gigi ke. takut ko mamah je tayar motor buat ubat sakit gigi :P